Apple’s sweet new deal: In non-coronavirus-related news… After years of releasing snazzy smartphones with four-figure price tags, Apple is reintroducing a lower-cost, stripped-down iPhone model in an effort to broaden its customer base.
Apples and oranges: During a virtual presentation with reporters on Wednesday morning, Apple announced a new version of the iPhone SE. The second-generation SE model starts at just $399.
- The entry-level iPhone 11 costs $699
- The iPhone 11 Pro Max starts at $1099
The second-generation SE comes with:
- A Retina HD display
- 4K video
- A home button that enables TouchID
- A new wide camera with image stabilization and faster autofocus in low light, along with features such as portrait mode, depth of field control and lighting adjustment tools
- The same battery life as the iPhone 8
The iPhone SE, which comes in white, black, and red, is available for pre-order starting Friday and ships to customers on April 24.
This deal is so sweet the apple on the back is probably a Fuji.